Have you ever suffered from separation anxiety? Or seen someone or something suffering? Some pictures come to mind, a dog waiting at a window, a toddler holding a beloved teddy bear so close that it is impossible to take it away.
Sometimes, even when we grow up, when we love something or someone we want to hold onto them so hard, and never let them go. This can be stifling for the person and damaging for the relationship. No matter how close a relationship, there needs to be some ‘breathing’ space for it to remain healthy.
We know that no matter how much we love someone; we do have to prepare ourselves for separation at some point. Life naturally provides these separation points and is part of growing up and moving into new seasons in life.
- The newly married couple have to leave the honeymoon suite and take part in everyday life – at some point!
- The mother has to allow her child to go off to school, activities and friends play dates without her.
- A teenager may have to rebel to force separation for a time from their close family.
- The family have to prepare for a fantastic holiday coming to an end.
- A couple have to cope when one of them has to work away for days, weeks, months, of even years, at a time.
- Every couple and family member will be separated eventually by death.
I’m sure you can think of many other times when you have had to cope with separation from your loved ones.
Sometimes, people’s natural love for one another is separated by careless actions, words and behaviours. The sadness is deep when once there was love and then it changes and even stops.
Yet, there is one love, which you can never be separated from. It is there regardless of what you do or don’t do.
It is a reality and it is
Nothing and No-one can Separate You from the Love of God.
Through this world and into the next, God’s love is constant, ever flowing and there just for you.
It is the one love that you do not have to prepare yourself for times of separation.
How amazing is that?
It is one of the many promises God gives to you and He keeps His word. Take a breath and feel His presence right now.
Can you feel it? Let me know how it is for you and if you want to talk about this incredible love from God
– just drop me a line: firstname.lastname@example.org
No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed,
nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God.
Have you listened to the broadcast yet? Click here or on the picture below
Devotional for life and work
FREE: Receive your
5 day Unfrozen devotional
for life and work
by email. TODAY.